Title: Cannabis – Spotlights on legal basis and regulatory requirements for marketing of Cannabis in European Countries
Duration: 1 hour & 5 minutes - Available On Demand
Companies gaining market access for Medical Cannabis in Germany and other European countries are confronted with complex and differing national requirements. From cultivation to distribution of medical cannabis, all activities are legally linked to individual national laws under control of the individual European countries. The EU is missing a harmonized law on medical and recreational use of cannabis. This webinar gives a general overview on the legislation in different European countries reflecting different kind of programs for patient´s access to medicinal Cannabis.
- Basis of Legislation for global control on Narcotic Drugs
- Basis of different European national legislation on medicinal cannabis and CBD
- Categorization of Cannabis flos and Cannabis derived products
- Requirements for the pharmaceutical entrepreneur for marketing Cannabis derived products
- Different European strategies on availability of Medical Cannabis for Patients
- Upcoming trends
Dr. Barbara Siebertz
Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs / PharmaLex
Dr. Barbara Siebertz received her training for Regulatory Affairs during the time at a Biotech start-up company in Germany, with her studies of Regulatory Affairs at the university of Bonn as well as by supporting companies as consultant for Regulatory Affairs at Sträter Life Science and Pharmalex. Medical Cannabis became a strong topic at Pharmalex right from the beginning of the implementation of the “Cannabis Law” in Germany, leading to a broad spectrum of requests from different companies, from abroad as well as from the EU or Germany.